Join our team
Senior User Interaction Designer
As a Senior User Interaction Designer at SitePen, you’ll create user-centered designs for a variety of complex web and native enterprise applications from concept to launch. Alongside our growing team of designers, you’ll work with our customers to deliver meaningful experiences to their end users. You’ll conduct user research, collaborate on business goals and technical limitations, and provide clear visual solutions to the rest of the team.
This position requires a well-organized, seasoned professional who is patient, flexible, and has the ability to adapt to changing business requirements and priorities.
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders to flesh out entire applications
- Conduct thorough discovery activities to map big picture scope as a starting point for agile design methodology
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create user flows, journeys and stories for new applications
- Work with customers to improve and modernize interaction designs (and no, “burn it all down and start over” doesn’t count)
- Create clean, organized, wireframes and mockups with varying degrees of interactivity as needed
- Understand the principles of clean, modern design and have the ability to provide feedback to others as well as utilize those principles in your own work
- 4+ years in interaction design which we define as the interaction, via an interface, between a system and its user while incorporating information design (defined as how the information is presented within such a system to enable the user to best understand that information)
- Additional 3+ years in User Interface Design. That doesn’t mean 3 years of reskinning Wordpress templates and making cute images for social media. 3+ years of solid, user-focused application design
- Experience with Sketch, Axure, the Adobe Suite, InVision, and other industry standard design tools
Your Skills and Attributes
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Must have a positive, outgoing attitude — save the drama for your momma
- Highly motivated and a creative problem solver
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to translate projects from concept to completion with minimal oversight
- Relentless high standards and a high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines and project expectations
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.
Some super things about working here
Zero commute time
The only traffic you’ll ever get stuck in is a series of tubes.
Seven weeks paid vacation
With one month of personal time off plus a week of sick time plus ten paid holidays per year, you can finally test that model rocket.
Really good health insurance
Once our fountain of youth is finished, we hope to save a bundle on healthcare.
401(k) with matching
Our plan administrator thought we were nuts to do a match. He also thought he was a squirrel. Kinda awkward.
Flexible spending account
We’re not saying you’re accident-prone, but we do want to make sure all those first aid kits won’t lead to bankruptcy.
With all the sweet things you’ll be doing, our dental plan makes sure the sugar won’t rot your teeth.
You’re the boss of your time. For your own sake, we hope you’re not a bad boss.
Do what you love
We are, of course, referring to developing amazing Web apps. We don’t really need a lepidopterist.
People you'll love working with
With their spectacular wit, intellect, and good looks, SitePenners are one of the best reasons to work here.