Dojo 1.4 is hot off the presses, with more than seven months of significant improvements to performance, stability, and features.
Of particular interest:
- IO Pipeline topics
- dojo.hash with native HTML5 onhashchange event support where available
- Traversal and manipulation for NodeLists (the return value for dojo.query)
- dojo.ready (easier to type than dojo.addOnLoad)
- Hundreds of refinements to the Dijit API and collection of Dijits, and a few new widgets in DojoX
- DataChart widget and other improvements to charting
- dojox.drawing lands!
- Editor improvements and new plug-ins in both Dijit and DojoX
- Grid is faster, and the EnhancedGrid lands!
- ForestStoreModel for the TreeGrid
- GFX improvements
- dojox.jq, a very experimental module aimed at trying to match the jQuery API as close as possible, but using Dojo underneath
- Dojo build system optionally supports the Google Closure Tools compiler
- Significant speed improvements, especially in IE
Read the full Dojo 1.4 release notes for more details! And thanks to everyone in the Dojo community that helped make this release great!