Recently I was fortunate to be able to attend the Google Polymer Summit in Copenhagen with a SitePen colleague. Having attended the PWA Summit last year in Amsterdam we were expecting a well organised and interesting conference, and we were not to be disappointed.
The TypeScript 2.4 release might be a minor update in terms of not requiring substantial changes within our open source work and customer projects, but it provides some major benefits that we are already leveraging throughout the Dojo 2 codebase.
We were recently asked about options for mixing Dojo widgets and Angular 2 components into the same application:
- Is it possible to render an Angular 2 component and Dojo widgets on the same page?
- Are there any special configuration settings needed?
- What’s the best way for Angular 2 and Dojo to communicate and/or send messages?
- What kind of complex challenges and communication issues should we be aware of?
- For an application that assembles many different components, if some of these are are Dojo widgets and some are Angular 2 components, how can we get them to play nicely together?