Full-timeTechnical Project ManagerRemote
We’re a team of funny, smart, passionate people who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way -- the right way, the first time. Alone, we are individuals who take pride in our work and achievements and as a team, we’re a collective force to be reckoned with! We work effectively in small, organized groups, helping SitePen and our customers improve their products through design, development, testing, mentoring, and support with a constant eye on team engagement. As part of our team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas and energy to crafting elegant solutions for our customers and contributing to the ever-evolving web engineering landscape.
Who we are looking for
We are searching for a Technical Project Manager to help us meet the needs of our expanding business. SitePen has an array of ongoing web development initiatives and we’re looking for a business-minded, yet equally technical, project manager to manage multiple web projects through to completion.
The unique individual we are looking for is one that lives and breathes organization, details and team management. Most people would run screaming from the thought of this, but we are looking for the one person that would run toward such a challenge.
We are a fun-loving, tight-knit team that has been working together for many years. If you want to succeed you have to be strong-willed and have a hearty sense of humor, yet be highly professional. You need to have strong opinions yet be capable of flexibility and compromise when faced with enterprise constraints. If you are curious, creative, and enjoy collaborating then you’ll be in welcome company here.
And when we say “technical”, we mean you need to have a good understanding of what it takes to develop custom software. Do you find some pleasure in reading technical requirements? Can you translate technical requirements for business owners?
If everything we’ve said above resonates, we would love to hear from you!
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in any software or business-related field, or equivalent experience in project management
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and execution
- Ability to quickly and effectively facilitate conversations (online chat and verbal) with teammates, management, and clients
- Ability to proactively handle collaboration with multiple groups, constructively address business and technical issues, and switch hats in a moment’s notice
- Ability to identify early business opportunities during day to day interactions with external customers
- Ability to understand estimates and effort required to complete a project, and coordination of the effort to ensure timely deliverables
- Experience with QA best practices
- Ability to manage projects with either Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Must love scheduling and documentation
- Superior organizational skills
Other important attributes we are looking for:
- Strong project management experience with full-stack development
- Must be able to think strategically on your feet
- Must be able to remain confident and completely professional while holding the line on scope creep with high profile clients
- Have an eye for quality to help developers deliver projects that surpass client expectations
- Must be deliberate, seeking out and consuming information from multiple sources before making a decision
- If time is of the essence, be able to make a gut decision
- Self-disciplined and able to manage projects and teams in a virtual environment
- Skilled with managing engineer productivity curves and minimizing interruptions
What you will do:
- Provide encouragement, support, and leadership to cross-project, cross-functional teams
- Facilitate effective and efficient client and team interaction to further project process
- Foster healthy, open communication among team members
- Provide timely updates on all assigned projects
- Help your team deliver amazing deliverables on time and on budget
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
To be considered for this role, please send us an email that includes your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples. Thank you!Apply Now