Join our team
We're a team of mildly funny, smart, design and engineering maniacs who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to many open source projects and as a team, we're a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers build out and improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating powerful open source tools for developers everywhere.
Who we are looking for
We're looking for the business-side to our client-side, the yin to our yang, the butter to our toast, the Luke to our Leia. This sales professional will sell our services; qualify and close new business relationships with inbound and outbound prospects and leads to drive opportunities for our Professional Services through the full sales cycle. This position will articulate our value proposition and will facilitate the definition of scope for new projects into a Statement of Work with the help of our project teams.
What you can expect to do
- Prospect and research leads to identify key decision makers and influencers.
- Develop and cultivate business relationships with prospects as a trusted advisor through phone, email, and meetings to articulate and sell the value proposition of SitePen team and services.
- Engage in discussions with prospects to understand business objectives and requirements, consult on technical specifications, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Provide presentations to maximize the potential revenue value of each relationship.
- Determine the high-level scope of customer projects and collaborate with the SitePen Project team to propose and design efficient and scalable solutions.
- Propose and negotiate cost estimates for projects in alignment with team availability, project scope/complexity, and the desirability of the project.
- Work with the project team to ensure a smooth transition of requirements, engagement expectations, and other key business elements of sold services.
- Close deals consistently to meet or exceed monthly and quarterly quotas, key performance indicators, and other departmental objectives.
- Manage the sales opportunity pipeline and process consistently to ensure proper forecasting and reporting of deals from project development initiation through completion.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Professional Services sales, solutions sales, sales consulting, or sales engineering.
- Proven track record of qualifying and selling technology solutions or managing professional services engagements, preferably custom application development.
- Well versed with full-cycle B2B sales from prospecting, qualification, closing, and quota attainment.
- Understanding of business/database applications, application development, and Professional Services.
- Proven knowledge or experience with database design, website design, or software programming tools.
- Demonstrated ability to extract and understand business process needs and translate requirements into a robust business solution.
- Ability to work with customers to develop, design, negotiate, and facilitate project implementation while managing customer expectations.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while managing multiple projects varying in size and complexity simultaneously.
- Proficiency in CRM, project management software, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Word, Keynote, and Google Apps.
- Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship-building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Persuasive and professional communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate value proposition and technical language with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative thinker with strong judgment, decision making, and problem-solving ability.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and a passion for customer success.
Where you will work
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States. Some travel may be required.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.
Some super things about working here
Zero commute time
The only traffic you’ll ever get stuck in is a series of tubes.
Seven weeks paid vacation
With one month of personal time off plus a week of sick time plus ten paid holidays per year, you can finally test that model rocket.
Really good health insurance
Once our fountain of youth is finished, we hope to save a bundle on healthcare.
401(k) with matching
Our plan administrator thought we were nuts to do a match. He also thought he was a squirrel. Kinda awkward.
Flexible spending account
We’re not saying you’re accident-prone, but we do want to make sure all those first aid kits won’t lead to bankruptcy.
With all the sweet things you’ll be doing, our dental plan makes sure the sugar won’t rot your teeth.
You’re the boss of your time. For your own sake, we hope you’re not a bad boss.
Do what you love
We are, of course, referring to developing amazing Web apps. We don’t really need a lepidopterist.
People you'll love working with
With their spectacular wit, intellect, and good looks, SitePenners are one of the best reasons to work here.