Join our team
We're a team of funny, smart, engineering monsters who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to many open source projects and as a team, we're a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers build out and improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating powerful open source tools for developers everywhere. As part of the team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas and energy to crafting elegant solutions for our customers and contributing to the exciting world of open source!
Who we are looking for
Motivated and passionate people who enjoy working in a team-oriented environment. The most successful candidates value ownership and collaboration and are self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solvers. This is an important role in our company and here are some of the things we will consider:
Qualifications on the client-side
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree
- Excellent coding, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Committed to sound testing, best practices, and documentation
Qualifications on the server-side
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining web services using node.js
- Knowledge of API design principles and best-practices
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, including the ability to design schemas.
- Professional experience designing, monitoring, and maintaining highly available, high performance server side infrastructure
- Clear understanding of how software performance, scalability, and security can be monitored/impacted/improved
- Successful outcomes addressing performance of server-side code
- Experience using and managing AWS/Azure/GCP or any other cloud platform in a production environment
An above and beyond candidate would also have:
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- A willingness to teach and help others
- A good sense of humor
What you can expect to do
- Write new Web applications for our customers
- Provide upgrades and fixes to our customers' existing apps
- Participate in coaching, training and leveling up other developers
- Develop cloud computing solutions on a variety of platforms and languages such as AWS, Node.JS, etc.
- Write and maintain automated tests and deployments using Docker and related technologies
- Create and manage DevOps tools for deployment and management of solutions
- Contribute patches and enhancements to many open source projects
- Enjoy a refreshing work-life balance
Where you will work
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary, plus great benefits.
Some super things about working here
Zero commute time
The only traffic you’ll ever get stuck in is a series of tubes.
Seven weeks paid vacation
With one month of personal time off plus a week of sick time plus ten paid holidays per year, you can finally test that model rocket.
Really good health insurance
Once our fountain of youth is finished, we hope to save a bundle on healthcare.
401(k) with matching
Our plan administrator thought we were nuts to do a match. He also thought he was a squirrel. Kinda awkward.
Flexible spending account
We’re not saying you’re accident-prone, but we do want to make sure all those first aid kits won’t lead to bankruptcy.
With all the sweet things you’ll be doing, our dental plan makes sure the sugar won’t rot your teeth.
You’re the boss of your time. For your own sake, we hope you’re not a bad boss.
Do what you love
We are, of course, referring to developing amazing Web apps. We don’t really need a lepidopterist.
People you'll love working with
With their spectacular wit, intellect, and good looks, SitePenners are one of the best reasons to work here.