Join our team
We’re a team of funny, smart, passionate, engineering monsters who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to many open source projects and as a team, we’re a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating and improving powerful open source tools used for building highly performant web applications.
As part of the team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas, energy and insane organizational abilities to getting our story out there and targeting multiple audiences who can benefit from working with SitePen.
We’re looking for someone who can quickly understand our priorities, roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done to establish, promote and maintain messages that resonate with our audiences. In this role, you’ll prioritize the workload and build upon our desired marketing strategy which is focused on continued growth and improving our presence on the web, at events and within our customer organizations!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to understand the big picture while identifying and managing all of the smallest details.
- Self-disciplined, self-directing and able to work and communicate effectively in a fully remote environment. We welcome your pajamafied self via Slack but you won’t find a physical conference room in your future with this team!
- Passionate about finding the ideal recipe of content, social networking, PR, and planning to execute successful campaigns.
- All about understanding multiple target audiences, building emotional connections and trust, and ensuring that marketing messaging and content are laser-focused on the audience’s needs, problems, pains and experience.
- Has fun getting more done and gets better results when tactics and ideas roll up to an agreed-on strategy.
- Able to lead employees through our marketing journey
- We are collaborative and our entire team will participate in the marketing mission in some way or another, but you’ll be in the weeds driving it to success!
- Unafraid to make recommendations, raise issues, ask questions, collaborate with other employees, test new ideas, learn from mistakes, ask for help and do what’s necessary to get the job done.
- Excited about marketing’s ability to drive business outcomes as well as working in a collaborative, fun, open-minded environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development marketing
- enterprise B2B sales and working with developers and designers; you know how to drive strategy as well as manage tactics and resources. (in the software development space even better!)
- Strong project management skills
- Highly proficient with Google Apps, Wordpress, HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Experience with social media marketing tactics (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Experience with writing and editing copy
What you can expect to do
Being hired as our Marketing Generalist at SitePen gives you the opportunity to drive every aspect of our marketing plan. The workload will change and evolve but here’s the gist of where you’re needed most:
- Ensure our consistent look, voice, tone and messaging approach for our brands
- Deliver messaging based on our email, social media & networking strategy
- Conceptualize and then manage the creation of new and fresh content and campaigns to attract multiple audiences
- Refine & maintain HubSpot CRM
- Resource scheduling, calendaring and management of all marketing projects
- Manage big-picture marketing efforts and provide clear status updates to company management on the details.
- Create, document and maintain processes and communications regarding SitePen marketing strategies and programs.
- Partner with operations to expertly project manage details for all SitePen events
- Monitor online marketing and social media trends and best practices.
- Conduct market and competitor research, industry trends and behaviors.
- Enjoy a refreshing work-life balance
Where you will work
You’ll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States.
A highly competitive salary plus great benefits.
Some super things about working here
Zero commute time
The only traffic you’ll ever get stuck in is a series of tubes.
Seven weeks paid vacation
With one month of personal time off plus a week of sick time plus ten paid holidays per year, you can finally test that model rocket.
Really good health insurance
Once our fountain of youth is finished, we hope to save a bundle on healthcare.
401(k) with matching
Our plan administrator thought we were nuts to do a match. He also thought he was a squirrel. Kinda awkward.
Flexible spending account
We’re not saying you’re accident-prone, but we do want to make sure all those first aid kits won’t lead to bankruptcy.
With all the sweet things you’ll be doing, our dental plan makes sure the sugar won’t rot your teeth.
You’re the boss of your time. For your own sake, we hope you’re not a bad boss.
Do what you love
We are, of course, referring to developing amazing Web apps. We don’t really need a lepidopterist.
People you'll love working with
With their spectacular wit, intellect, and good looks, SitePenners are one of the best reasons to work here.