Join our team
Senior Fullstack Engineer
We're a team of funny, smart, passionate, engineering monsters who are focused on getting the job done in a happy, stress-free way. Alone, we are contributors to dozens of open source projects and as a team, we're a collective force to be reckoned with! We work tirelessly in small, organized groups, helping our customers improve their applications through development, testing, mentoring and support while we remain focused on creating and improving powerful open source tools for developers everywhere. As part of the team, you will play a large role in contributing your ideas and energy to crafting elegant solutions for our customers and contributing to the exciting world of open source!
Overall, we are looking for someone who is:
- A senior full-stack engineer. Normally this would mean at least 5 years of full-time experience, but if you have the chops to blow us away with less, go for it
- Very experienced in delivering Enterprise Software (SaaS, IaaS, etc)
- Is an effective communicator with Product and Business teams to take high-level tasks and transform them into shippable software.
- Able to provide examples of scalable, performant code
- Confident in preferred architectures and tools
- Committed to code quality, ownership & accountability
- Passionate about the web platform
- Interested in learning (and inventing) new technologies, standards, and techniques
- Self-disciplined, able to work and communicate effectively in a fully remote environment
- Able to lead and delegate when needed
- Excited about solving hard problems and building new skills and knowledge every day
- Able to commit to feature delivery (not just code delivery)
- An avid open source contributor
On the client-side, we need knowledge of:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass, LESS, or PostCSS
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Gulp, and webpack
On the server-side, we need:
- Deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, GraphQL and HTTP experience with and comprehension of PAAS, IAAS, and SAAS solutions
- Successful outcomes addressing scalability challenges and performance of server-side code
- Designing and developing horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems
- Extensive experience working with multi-hybrid heterogenous data (i.e. being able to take data from multiple sources that come in multiple formats and turn it into usable data in production environments)
- The confidence and knowledge to effectively identify and communicate technical risks cross-team and implement performance improvement and security hardening of web applications and infrastructure
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
What you can expect to do
Being hired as an engineer at SitePen gives you the opportunity to work on basically everything we do. Depending on your skills and interests, you may do some or all of the following:
- Write new Web applications for our customers
- Provide upgrades and fixes to our customers' existing apps
- Provide technical assistance and support for our customers' development teams
- Participate in coaching, training and leveling up other developers
- Contribute patches and enhancements to many open source projects
- Enjoy a refreshing work-life balance
Where you will work
You'll work at home! Your home just needs to be somewhere within the United States or United Kingdom.
A highly competitive, six-figure salary, plus great benefits.
Some super things about working here
Zero commute time
The only traffic you’ll ever get stuck in is a series of tubes.
Seven weeks paid vacation
With one month of personal time off plus a week of sick time plus ten paid holidays per year, you can finally test that model rocket.
Really good health insurance
Once our fountain of youth is finished, we hope to save a bundle on healthcare.
401(k) with matching
Our plan administrator thought we were nuts to do a match. He also thought he was a squirrel. Kinda awkward.
Flexible spending account
We’re not saying you’re accident-prone, but we do want to make sure all those first aid kits won’t lead to bankruptcy.
With all the sweet things you’ll be doing, our dental plan makes sure the sugar won’t rot your teeth.
You’re the boss of your time. For your own sake, we hope you’re not a bad boss.
Do what you love
We are, of course, referring to developing amazing Web apps. We don’t really need a lepidopterist.
People you'll love working with
With their spectacular wit, intellect, and good looks, SitePenners are one of the best reasons to work here.