For a concise read on why the enterprise should care about using TypeScript in its applications, look no further than Remo Jansen of the Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics’ presentation on the 6 reasons you should be using TypeScript.
The SitePen engineering team has been using TypeScript since it came onto the open source scene 5 years ago. We’ve built several customer applications using TypeScript and TypeScript frameworks. Our next generation version of Dojo (which will be the defacto enterprise framework for organizations who value sustainability, longevity and true open source software) is 100% TypeScript.
With a healthy respect for what the TypeScript team has accomplished and being enthusiastic contributors to the TypeScript language through development, our TypeDoc improvements and our testing framework, Intern (built with and for use in testing TypeScript), we are well-positioned to modernize applications beginning with tech stack migration, forward-thinking architecture, TypeScript development, team training and commercial support.
While we’ve been offering online TypeScript workshops for quite some time, our UK contingent of engineers have their hearts set on delivering a public training course to the London (and surrounding countries) developer community. So, for one time only, please join our CTO, Kitson Kelly – a team-labeled TypeScript purist – as he brings you some serious TypeScript training and to the next level in enterprise web development.
August 31, 2017 | 9:00 – 17:00 BST
Location: TBD, London
- Introduction to TypeScript: Benefits and key TypeScript concepts
- Compatibility with ES6+: Which ES6 and later features are supported
- Development Environment Setup: Quick and optimal environment setup
- Basic types: Working with types
- The power of interfaces: Leveraging TypeScript interfaces to improve code readability
- Extending interfaces: Unions, aliases, and other advanced interface features
- Classes and composition: Using Classes, functional composition, and differences from ES Classes
- Generics: How to use generic types for building APIs
- Ambient Declarations: Leveraging other type definitions
- Decorators and Metadata: Syntax for efficient extension of Classes and other language features
- Advanced TypeScript configuration: Additional options for getting the most from TypeScript
- Testing: A robust testing workflow with TypeScript
- Debugging: Troubleshooting and finding errors in your application
- Future of TypeScript: Summary of highly anticipated TypeScript features
Early Bird pricing is now available!
Can’t Attend/Still Need Help with Typescript?
SitePen’s TypeScript for the Enterprise Development Team training is a great way to level up your team! Ask us about a private training experience for your team.
SitePen Support for Developers. Receive timely answers and relevant code examples from early adopters and active users of TypeScript.
Let’s talk about how we can help your organization benefit from the use of TypeScript in your next project.
Have a question? We’re here to help! Get in touch and let’s see how we can work together.