Last night, we helped put the finishing touches on Dojo 1.0. 3 1/2 years in the making, we’re extremely pleased to reach this great milestone. The Dojo community has done an amazing job this year, completely rewriting everything with a focus on performance, speed, ease of development, and amazing user experience.
Recent advancements in Dojo include:
- Accessibility including keyboard navigation, low vision support, and ARIA markup for assistive technologies
- High performance grid widget supporting 100,000+ rows of data
- Browser-native 2-D and 3-D charting
- A full library of easy-to-use, attractive UI controls
- Universal data access for simple and fast data-driven widget development
- Internationalization with localizations provided for 13 major languages
- CSS-driven themes to make customization and extension simple
- Dojo Offline, based on Google Gears, which makes offline applications easy to build
- Support for the OpenAjax Alliance Hub 1.0 to guarantee interoperability with other toolkits
- Native 2-D and 3-D vector graphics drawing
- Access to many more widgets and extensions through the Dojo package system
Read more at the Dojo 1.0 press release.