- Create, read, update, and delete access to persistent data through a standard JSON HTTP/REST web interface
- Flexible and fast indexed query capability through JSONQuery/JSONPath
- Comet-based data monitoring capabilities through HTTP Channels with Bayeux transport plugin/negotiation support
- Data-centric role-based object level security with user management, Persevere is designed to be accessed securely through Ajax with public-facing sites
- Comprehensive referencing capabilities using JSON referencing, including circular, multiple, lazy, non-lazy, cross-data source, and cross-site referencing for a wide variety of object structures
- Data integrity and validation through JSON Schema based definitions
- Class-based data hierarchy – typed objects can have methods, inheritance, class-based querying
- Pluggable data source architectures – SQL tables, XML files, remote web services can be used as data stores
- Object versioning with transactional history of record states
Persevere in use
Recently, Cramer Development put together a slick little application for making sticky notes. They discuss how quickly the application came together, as Persevere allowed them to quickly establish a data API, and then focus on the client side interface.
Other users include:
- DataStream Content Solutions is using Persevere to build an XML repository for legal data in combination with MarkLogic.
- Montana State University is using Persevere for their Yogo Data Management Project.
- Another multi-national company is using Persevere in production for Intranet applications, with consistent usage from a number of users.
- And, of course, we at SitePen are using Persevere for a number of the applications we are developing.
Numerous others are using Persevere in a variety of ways.
There are a number of resources for learning more about Persevere and getting started with it.
- Persevere Documentation
- Download Persevere
- SitePen Persevere Support
- SitePen Persevere Blog
- Persevere Mailing List
- Persevere + Dojo (using Comet) demonstration