Collection of Personal Information
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect ItWe collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- by which you or your business may be personally identified, such as name, social networks, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, business documentation, employment information, background information, and any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you (i.e. aggregated or de-identified information); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and usage details.
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies); and/or
- from third-parties, for example, our business partners, including marketing and SEO services, payment processors and/or service providers, and website analytics services.
Information You Provide to UsThe information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Platform;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your Account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection TechnologiesAs you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: 1) Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform; and/or 2) Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Platforms or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third-parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests. Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies; and/or
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Platform statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Platform content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your InformationWe use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: 1) To present our Platform and its contents to you; 2) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; 3) To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; 4) To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices; 5) To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; 6) To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it; 7) To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Platform; 8) In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or 9) For any other purpose with your consent. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com. We may send you certain service and administrative notices regarding your purchased services, which are not subject to opt out.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third-parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SitePen’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SitePen about our Platform users is among the assets transferred;
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures;
- To other users of the Platform, if needed for legal actions or law enforcement;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and/or 6) For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your InformationYou can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your Profile and account settings pages. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Proper access and use of information provided on the Platform, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
LinksThe Site and Content on it may contain links to other sites and resources controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites or resources, and you should consult the privacy statements of such other sites and resources.
Data SecurityWe have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information and messages from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted. The safety and security of your information and messages also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information and messages, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information and messages is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
California and EU UsersThis section applies to the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you and your data.
Privacy RightsYou have the rights described below with respect to your Personal Data that we process. These rights apply equally to EU and California users. To exercise any of your rights below, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +1-650-968-8787.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information. Doing so will prevent us from providing any Services.
- Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request your Personal Information be erased. You must delete your Account before we can process this request.
- Right to Modify. You have the right to request your Personal Information be changed if it is not correct. In many cases you can do this yourself in the “Settings” or “Account” sections of the App.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request the processing of your Personal Information be restricted. This may restrict or prevent the provision of the Services.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the applicable supervisory authority.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. We do not sell Personal Information to third parties.
Information We CollectWe collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (for purposes of this “California and EU Users” Section, “personal information”). Personal information does not include: Publicly available information from government records; de-identified or aggregated consumer information; information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994. In particular, we have collected, disclosed to third parties, and sold the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months. Disclosures of Personal Information are
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES||NO||NO|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES||NO||NO|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO||NO||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES||NO||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO||NO||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES||YES||NO|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES||YES||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO||NO||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES||NO||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES||NO||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO||NO||NO|